GARDEN DETAILS



WELCOME TO THE FURTHER ADVENTURES OF MY GARDEN...

Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Tropics on Alkai

Whenever I drive I keep an eye out for other gardeners who are pushing the boundaries by planting exotic plants in their yards.  I feel a kinship with these folks who enjoy the challenge of trying to grow bananas, palms, cannas, and other tropical plants in the Pacific Northwest.  On a recent drive along Alkai in West Seattle I spotted some yards that made me feel like I was driving along a road in Southern California, or Spain.  I stopped and snapped some pictures of these creative flights of fancy and thought I'd share them with you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MY CURRENT TOP FIVE BOOKS ON GARDENING

  • 1. Little and Lewis a Garden Gallery
  • 2. Exotic Planting for Adventurous Gardeners - Chrisopher Lloyd and friends
  • 3. Designing with Plants - Piet Oudolf
  • 4. Tropical Garden Design - Made Wijaya
  • 5.The Elements of Organic Gardening - HRH The Prince of Wales

Followers